Thursday, August 21, 2008

In My Arms 4 Months Today...

Just havin' a little snack! Malae's favorite....PUFFS AGAIN!
Malaena-Sloan can now feed herself puffs. She is Miss Independent, and only wants to be held when she is really sleepy.
Checking out the puffs.
I didn't even know this door opened 'til our little pistol opened it! Our busy girl!
BUSTED!
Hmmmm....what's this thing?!
Dad and Brock are creative at entertaining me using the laundry basket. Mom wants me to familiarize myself with it!
This is Malaena-Sloan doing squats using the laundry basket. This child has some strong legs. She even hops while holding onto something with one arm. She is standing alone so walking is right around the corner!

I can't believe it's been four months since Pedro brought Malaena-Sloan to me in the Marriott in Guatemala! In ways, it seems like she's been home forever! What I can tell you for sure is I have received an abundance of blessings the last 4 months from watching this little bundle grow and develop! I will add that I haven't gotten 8 hours rest, and my mom asked me if it were worth it and I answered hundred-fold! What an awesome place in life to be...my son turns 18 on Sunday and Malae will turn 11-months on Tuesday. God is good!

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

The cowboy hat did it for me. I am so so so lovin' this child more than ever!
I cannot believe how much life has changed for you in the past 4 months and I remember the LONG wait for Malae. I knew she would bring you so much joy, but it is really beyond what I could have imagined.
This kid is loved big time.
Beckings