Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PREPARING MORE DAILY!


Well, I don't have any "concrete" adoption news, but I do have a tidbit as to what is happening. We are waiting now to be registered with a newly formed Central Authority. This is a new step for "in process" cases. Once this is achieved, we will have a few more hoops to jump through before getting baby Malaena-Sloan to her forever home. We KNOW that our attorney is registering all her cases and there is supposedly an 8-day turn-around.

What are Malaena's parents doing to stand the wait? Well, we have purchased some of the basic essentials for our household (bottles, diaper champ, washcloths, Dreft laundry detergent, etc.) We did *WIN* the Britax car seat we wanted off of ebay and it arrived today. Donnie and I have been staying busy working in the restaurants, and spending time with the boys. I have gotten all of Brock's VHS tapes of when he was little dubbed to DVD's. I spend a lot of time researching what is going on in the Guatemalan Adoption World. I stumbled on a blog that has fascinated me. I'd like to share it with you: http://cfhusband.blogspot.com. It's an incredible story about a young couple. I'm not giving anymore details, because I want you to take the time to read!

***I'm freaking out a bit! I just helped my son, Brock, fill out his SENIOR year schedule! I can't believe it as it seems like yesterday I filled out my senior year schedule. I can honestly say that mine wasn't even similar to Brock's. He has all advanced placement classes PLUS band, of course! WOW! My head is spinning!