Tuesday, August 31, 2010

out of my comfort zone...

things have been quite busy around our house...nothing new. have had two landmark birthdays in our home. brock is no longer a teen and donnie has had the honor of living half a century. brock is in his sophomore year of college, alex is a senior in high school and logan a sophomore in high school. then...there's sis! whew! high energy! big personality! talks all the time even if it's just to herself if no one else is listening! she is our little rockstar and we treasure her!

everyone comments on mae-sloan's images. they say how sweet the pictures are, how photogenic she is, etc. i totally appreciate all the sweet, kind words. let me tell you, she takes me OUT of my comfort zone! the day i took the pictures below, she was not a happy camper. darla (my cincinnati photographer) witnessed this! we did everything but stand on OUR heads! darla has photographed malaena, kendra has photographed sis...liz has yet to be broken in, but i'm telling you, she's a challenge.

why do i share this....
well...
parents get a little un-nerved when their photography experience begins at "simply stated" and it doesn't go as planned. so...i share my story and the pictures to let you know that i photographed my daughter on july 29 and uploaded them but never even looked at them. it was an awful experience and i was ready to cry when it was over. tonight, i was searching for another image and ran across those images. wow! to my surprise, pure SWEETNESS! so...when you come in for your little tots shoot, try to relax and enjoy!

No comments: