Friday, August 28, 2009

Being HOME.....

Ever since my training with Norm on Monday, I've looked through old pictures and reminisced! I really didn't realize "how much" Norm had influenced my photography nor had I realized "how many" pictures he's taken of my family and me. My favorite all time picture of my mom, dad, brother and me was when Norm came to our home and did a photo shoot. When I was married to Donnie two years, we had him come to our home and he took pictures all over this house. In fact, one of the pictures still sets on my mantle in our great room.

A home is our safe-haven. When I'm at work, I can't wait to get home. When I go on vacation, I can't wait to get home to sleep in my own bed. When I feel ill, I can't wait to get home to lay on my own couch. To me, my home is my comfort zone.

I'm so proud of this couple below. I have known them about ten years. I have watched them get married, advance in careers, start their family, add to their family and watch their family grow. I have watched them develop a relationship with Christ and see how God keeps blessing them. Last year, they built a new home, and it is beautiful! Kara has been after me a long time to take a family picture of them. We were discussing where to take the pictures, and I suggested her home. I also have to compliment Kara and Rodney on how clean their home is! Beautiful!



The kids were waiting on me and I turn around and see them doing this!

This was taken in this family's backyard!
Bailey somehow looks right at home on a tractor!

3 comments:

Happy Catholic said...

Beautiful pictures! What a gift you have.

Thanks for sharing.

Candy said...

Hey girl looks like I need to head up there to get some photo lessons from YOU....Your pictures are ROCKIN...wish we lived closer! I am totally jealous you got to go hang at the cottage...its looks like a little piece of heaven on earth. Hugs

Candy said...

Hey girl looks like I need to head up there to get some photo lessons from YOU....Your pictures are ROCKIN...wish we lived closer! I am totally jealous you got to go hang at the cottage...its looks like a little piece of heaven on earth. Hugs