Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Home 9 Months and More....

Wow!!! Baby girl has been home NINE MONTHS! Truly, I can't remember life before her, and I truly forget sometimes that she is adopted. It's hard to believe she's not of my flesh, because she has so many things like me and so many things like her daddy! The quality that I will say is BETTER than her daddy and me is her balance and agility! Donnie is a natural athlete and I am a natural dancer....WE DON'T HOLD MALAENA-SLOAN A LIGHT! There was a coach in McAlister's Deli eating and he was watching her. Before he left, he stopped at our table and told us that she needed to be in gymnastics and eventually play ball. He said she was coordinated beyond her years!

Malaena-Sloan must have a growth spurt in overdrive. When I share with people how much she eats, they act like they understand. Well, my family was here a week and NO ONE could believe the amount of food our daughter consumes! We ate in shifts and Malaena-Sloan ate with each person that would eat. The odd thing is she hasn't gained any weight, but thankfully is growing a little taller!

The "new" thing for Malae is she has learned "fear." I have never thought about if you are born with fear or learn it. Malaena-Sloan has really never acted afraid of anyone, and she truly has NO FEAR when it comes to crawling up on something or being thrown in the air. She may not be super friendly to strangers but will usually give everyone her fabulous grin and a "HI." Within this last week, she cried when one of our friends came over to try and repair our faucet. She hadn't seen him in a month or so and she freaked when he reached for her. Also, she heard something on a movie the other night and she ran to me and wanted on my lap.

Malaena-Sloan is truly enjoying her brothers. Last night, she was jumping up, and Brock started mimicking her. She laughed 'til tears came out of her eyes! When one of the boys sits in the floor, she tucks her head down and starts backing up to sit on their lap whether she's invited or not.

Our daughter thoroughly LOVES Tally Dog. She loves when he comes inside the house for a visit. In the morning, when he is still in his kennel, she will sit beside it and visit with him. We sure wish we knew all she told us cause she is a chatter box.

Within the last couple of days, Malae cut her first back tooth. It's the first bicuspid on the top right side. When she's teething, her tummy hurts at night. It looks like she will have a mouthful of back teeth in a short time. She loves for you to feel of her gums and it's not because it feels good. She thinks it's hilarious to bite your finger! She's a spicy one!!!

I thought this was so cute....this is actually an action shot. Malaena-Sloan was prepared in "smooch mode" to kiss the dog! This is her look when she is puckered!!!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

LOL!! She's so much more grown than that sweet little sleeping baby I met at the Marriott!

Sassy said...

Hi Cheri! Thanks for stopping by my blog! How funny your daughter and I have the same nickname. If she's anything like me it fits her perfectly. ;) I'm sure she is such a blessing. Your family is beautiful. I look forward to reading your blog and becoming blogging buddies. :)

Pineapple Princess said...

Bella has started eating a lot, too...like a hungry trucker! Where she puts it, we'll never know!

Congrats on 9 months home!!!

Susie said...

And may I add, those lashes of Malae's are AMAZING! Why dont I remember those? She is going to love mascara! As for hair, dont we still have 80's hair? :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on 9 months home! The smoochie stage is wonderful! Enjoy it!

Butler's said...

Hard to believe that it has been 9 months...Miss all of you! Bren

Lou said...

Precious little girl! 9 months home, wow! Her little personality sounds adorable!!!