Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happenings at Our House....

My Mama and Daddy came up over the weekend and we totally splurged with this red velvet cake. It was yummy, and Malaena-Sloan LOVED it! It's so funny as I just got a call from LA Weight Loss asking if I'd be interested in doing another commercial. Good thing I got back on program Monday!!!
Yippee! Mama and Daddy moved my chair into the great room. It doesn't match a thing, but boy, does it fit me "just right!!!"
I so love the "girlie" looks Malaena-Sloan has! She loves feeling of different textures, and when she sat in her chair, she had to feel it!
We talk about how much Malaena-Sloan is like Donnie and me. This look is totally her daddy. This is Malae tuned in to her Barney show and totally ignoring her Mama!
Malaena-Sloan and her Barney!
Donnie asked me yesterday if I had mentioned Malaena-Sloan and her juices, and I have not! We bought these juice bottles back in September, and she disliked the juice but loved the botttles. Since then, they have become her daily routine. There are 3 bottles running around and sometimes she carries one but a typical day is one in each hand. When we leave, the juices stay home, but as soon as we get home, she finds her juice bottles. She sets them down to play but will pick them back up. At night, they ususally sit on the nightstand so she can reach for them first thing the next day!
Malaena-Sloan starting the "process" with her juices! She starts puttering around to find the first spot to set them!
Malaena-Sloan sets the juices down and examines them, picks them up, carries them to Daddy, Daddy holds a minute, Malae picks them back up and heads to a different room, and repeats the process again!

Malaena-Sloan and I have totally been enjoying "together" time at home! We got out today for an hour but have been hanging at home for the last week! Amazing how much smoother her day goes when we are at home. She has been going down for her nap like clock work at 12:30-1 and sleeps an hour and a half to two hours. Then, she has been going down at night between 8-9. I love it as she has decided she likes to be rocked in the red chair. Donnie got it for us when she came home but Malaena-Sloan hasn't been interested in rocking at all!

Malaena-Sloan's language is developing at rapid pace. The amazing part about her language is when we can ask her a question, she tells us her answer with a yes or no. That makes being a parent so much easier. She has still been pottying. She seldom makes a "shooeey" in her diaper. Malaena-Sloan LOVES to eat! She is finding things she LOVES and the latest being fruit. She loves bananas, oranges, blueberries, apples and honeydew. The ONLY thing I can think of that she hasn't liked is brussel sprouts, but Donnie tells me that I am one of the rare few that like them! We are totally enjoying our baby girl! Daily, I feel so blessed to be Malaena-Sloan's Mama!!!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Glad you guys are doing well!! I'm doing my best to get to MOGUATE this year so I hope you can make it!!

Lou said...

Oh my goodness, she's getting so BIG!!! I love the juice routine! Estuardo gets into "habits" like that too, so cute! And good job with the potty training! Onnolee could give a care about potties right now.
Big hugs from Odesa, Ukraine!