Thursday, October 25, 2007

One More Thing to Check Off List

Malaena turns one-month-old tomorrow!
We received a "GREAT NEWS" email this evening form our adoption agency. Our coordinator, Ashley, had called me this morning just to check in and see if I had any questions. We chatted 15 minutes or so and she reported that at this stage we were waiting for Malaena and her birth mother to have DNA specimens collected which would probably take a couple of weeks! This evening's letter stated the DNA specimens were collected a couple of days ago, and on their way to LabCorp! This is the last time the birth mother sees Malaena, so this is a HUGE hurdle! I thank God for how quickly things are going, because I know HE is definitely in control of getting our baby to her forever home! We are in Texas visiting my best friend since I was 6-years-old, Demetra. She turns 40 next week so we are here celebrating! More than one thing to celebrate!

No comments: