Tuesday, October 16, 2007

MALAENA SLOAN HARRIS

TWENTY DAYS OLD AND COUNTING!
It's after midnight and I got an email from our stateside attorney. GREAT NEWS....our paperwork was filed with the embassy. They've ordered Malaena's DNA test. One glich...a new rule came down the pipeline that attorney's can only file 4 cases per day. Mirella (Guatemalan attorney) didn't want our case delayed, so had one of her co-workers file it in her name. This makes our POA paperwork invalid. Back to St. Louis to certify new papers, forward new papers to courier in Chicago to walk through to Guatemalan Consulate and she will forward to our attorney. As Caroline discribed it...just a small wrinkle!....PROGRESS ANYWAY!

2 comments:

Sig said...

Ugh how frustrating! I hate having to go sign papers and then certify/authenticate...I joked that they should give me my own parking spot at one point.
Malaena is adorable!

Brian and Kim said...

Hi Cheri,
I love your blog!! Malaena is just beautiful! We are a PH family as well and I have been keeping up with you on your blog! Glad to see you are making progress!Take care!