Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Fortner Family WINS.....

My sister-in-law, Christy, called me week before last wanting me to order a couple of 8x10's for a picture contest at the Delta Fair in Kennett, MO. When I was growing up in the bootheel of Missouri, the Delta Fair was one of the highlights of Fall. When I was a child, I entered a couple of things in the 4-H contest (an apron and a potholder), and as a teenager I was in the pageant and marched in the parade each year. I think I even held hands with a boy for the first time at the Delta Fair.

When Brock was about one-year-old, I entered one of my pictures in the Delta Fair picture contest. I won first runner-up. WELL....18 years later, we put Lauren Grace and Owen's pictures in the contest. Supposedly there were more entries than ever before. Christy called SO EXCITED last night as Lauren Grace brought home second and OWEN THOMAS'S PICTURE ONE BEST PICTURE OF THE SHOW! (OH, YEAH, I TOOK THE PICTURES!) WHAT A PROUD AUNT, AS WELL AS A PROUD PHOTOGRAPHER, I AM!!!!
BEST IMAGE IN THE SHOW!!!! YEAH OWIE!!!!
AUNT CHERI'S TOP MODEL BRINGS HOME 2ND PLACE!!!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

That's awesome news Cheri!