Thursday, August 13, 2009

What I'm experiencing.....

WOW!!!! I knew the time was drawing near that Brock would leave home. When I laid my head on my pillow last night, the thought that popped in my mind is Brock will only live here two more days. Tears fill my eyes again writing the words! This morning, I've been thinking that the summer went by way too quickly. Heck, really 19 years have raced by too quickly!

Yesterday morning, Brock, Malaena-Sloan and I were upstairs in his room working. I had put tons of cards ranging from birthday to sympathy to get-wells in a little bag. We started looking through them and Brock was looking for one in particular. His dad had given him a really funny one I think for his 16th birthday which was the last birthday he celebrated before his daddy passed away. Anyway, Brock just started looking through cards and throwing them in the trash. Donnie tells me that I am not sentimental at all.....well, I must get getting that way. I just burst into tears gathering up the cards that had been disposed and putting them back in the bag. I had to take a time-out from the cleaning-up-the-room project.

Malaena-Sloan and I got dressed and ready to go eat lunch. I was driving down the road and it hit me. If I feel this way with Brock leaving, imagine what Mary felt like when Jesus hung on the cross. I've thought about this before especially when watching the movie "Passion of Christ", but now this feeling takes on a whole new meaning for me. I thought to myself, "Cheri, he's going off to college NOT hanging on the cross." Regardless, I am still heavy-hearted.

Malaena-Sloan always comes through to make me smile. I had a new pair of shoes on yesterday and when getting home after eating and a Target trip, my dogs were barking. I took the shoes off while picking stuff up in the kitchen. I hear heels clacking on our floor and turn around to the sight below. The picture's quality isn't GREAT but the expression was priceless. It's so hard for me to capture M-S cause she has a small window of opportunity then she's over it.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Cheri. I'm truly dreading the day my children leave home. I'm having a hard time with the girls going off to preschool! Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!!

Vanessa said...

Cheri. I'm truly dreading the day my children leave home. I'm having a hard time with the girls going off to preschool! Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Your beautiful post just brought tears to my eyes. I'm a wreck dealing with the fact that my oldest son just turned 10, and I know it only goes by faster from here on out.

Your Brock is so handsome and looks like such a nice young man!! You've got lots to be proud of for sure!! Wishing you all a smooth transition for the days and weeks ahead. :)

Robyn said...

This post makes me teary-eyed just thinking about the day Gabriella leaves home. Sending you lots of hugs!!